2. But first, get your suitcase out of the closet (there, there, suitcase. I’ll love you no matter what).
3. But first, take all the stuff that you’re storing in the suitcase out of the suitcase…
3a. …and find a temporary place for that stuff.
4. But for real: the first thing you need to do is clear a space on the floor so you have somewhere to put the suitcase after you extricate it from the closet.
5. Except you’ll probably need to make the bed, or push all the covers to the side, so you can have a place to fold your clothes before putting them in the suitcase.
6. But first of all: This beer won’t drink itself.